Development of conveyor belt coatings for various sectors in the food and beverage industry
Conveyor systems play a critical role for food and beverage manufacturers, distributors, and retailers maximising productivity whilst transporting goods through various processes such as cooking, sealing, chilling, freezing, and packaging before distribution through to retail outlets.
It is therefore essential that, as well as choosing the correct conveyor design, careful consideration is also given to the conveyor belt’s coating materials and their properties.
For many years, Itac has been successful in the development of conveyor belt coatings for various sectors in the food and beverage industry.
These include durable, anti-microbial, non-conductive coatings where resistance to extremes of temperature, contamination, or mechanical abrasion is required.
Our solvent based polyurethane coatings are chemically inert, so spillages do not affect the conveyor belt substrate, allowing simple yet efficient cleaning up processes to be used, avoiding unnecessary downtime and minimising costs.
How we do it
Itac work closely with food and beverage conveyor belt manufacturers to ensure our coating materials comply with FDA, EU, and all relevant food contact regulations. This, together with our knowledge and expertise allows us to match our chemistry to the application requirements.
For example, by ensuring coatings have antimicrobial properties for conveyor systems where food comes into direct contact with the belt, we can help prevent bacterial growth, maximise hygiene, ensure compliance and ultimately safeguard consumer health.
Conveyor belting and food processing.
• Provides high resistance to water, grease, oils, cleaning materials and other liquids. Reduced absorption rates make conveyor belts durable, resilient, and efficient;
• Safe – compliant to FDA and EU regulations;
• Superior tear and abrasion resistance;
• Remains flexible at low temperatures seen in food processing (down to -30⁰C);
• Excellent adhesion therefore less likelihood of delamination;
• Anti-stick properties that promote easy release, even for sticky food stuffs;
• Can be coloured for categorisation and identification purposes.
Itac also manufacture and supply specialist coatings for food and beverage label production. Read more here >
We would be delighted to learn more about your product and project ideas. Complete this simple form or call us on 01204 573736.
Bespoke adhesive and coatings formulations for your signage and display needs.
Guaranteed performance for your building projects and materials.
Uncompromised product performance for essential services.